Sunday 11 December 2011

which is it?

The manager at the place I'll be working at asked a question that I think is significant to me now. He asked if I can multitask - I answered "Yeah, I can."

Does doing some Math calculations and listening to music at the same time can be considered as multitasking? What about clipping my toenails and watching the telly? Or what about grabbing a 'maybe' top from a discount bin and my eyes are aggressively trying to spot another cute top?

Haha..I know. I'm hopeless.

Just look at this baby blog of mine. Nooooo..I didn't leave you. I just had some busy moments, and I might have been paying a little bit extra attention to your sister, my first blog. Okay..okay, all my attention.

I already rested long enough at home and so I felt I really need to get a job. I started to send out applications through emails and it was fruitless. Only one replied at first, and I went for an interview. But they didn't contact me after that. Then I went to a jobfair. Also none replied. Or, so I thought. Actually someone called me but the guy was kind of not a professional. He didn't want to tell me what position is available, that he's calling me for. And he kind of creeps me out. So I didn't go.

Then I put in more effort and went to some F&B outlets to try my luck. At last I'm accepted as a worker, starting from below as the position I was aiming for isn't available at the moment.

Next thing I know the 'creepy' guy called me again and told me to attend another interview. I managed to coax him into telling me about the position. The money seems to be pretty good, considering my lesser expectation and the fact that the high living cost in that area made me turn my back to it. But it was not my forte. Yes, S&M is not for me.I had to turn his offer down. Sad, but that is what I have to do.

Another call for an interview is still bugging me. It was for a better post at another company. But I'm not positive that I will get it. And it's scheduled for after I already starts working. This one is hard. I love the environment of the place where I'm already accepted. The other place is too laid back and I feel it clashes with me being impatient. But if I work there, I could get promoted to a higher rank faster.

Oh, could is such a mean word. I could also get something precious where I'm already accepted. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. yea decisions are hard, i hope you make the right one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funmilayo, I already made a decision..still hoping it's the right one.

    ReplyDelete