Friday 16 December 2011

a reason

I wrote about choosing between available options - it is really between keeping a job or chasing after better ones. The pay for the other jobs (which I don't know my chances of getting them) are higher than the one I'm holding on.

Which would you choose - a higher pay or some precious learning experience even though it'll take some time?

I went for the latter. It is confirmed today as I called to cancel my appointment with the interviewer for the possible job opportunity.

I'm sticking through thick and thin with this job that has my name on it. I fell in love with the organization when I heard what they did in the past and the way they run the company. And as my dad said to me - it's better for me to start from the bottom so I will know what my subordinates go through when I get the chance to be their superior.

The first night was horrible for me - too much work to be done at closing time and each task needs double the amount of my strength. But I still went to work a few hours after that, for the opening shift. With a little rest - I couldn't sleep much as my body was too tired.

That second day of work could be the reason I'm eager to stay for long - I met a colleague that seems to hold some interest in me. Nah, it's not the reason. I already made up my mind the first night of work. He's just another 'benefit'..haha.

He's a senior partner and came across as strict to me when he kept on testing my knowledge in making the mixture for the beverages. But I caught him stealing looks at me a few times when he thought I wasn't looking. And before my shift came to an end, he told me to do some cleaning. I was washing my hands, ready to go back when I heard another colleague mocking him for gazing at me intently.

Now the question is, would it be alright to have some sort of relationship with your colleagues? I used to refrain from having relationship with classmates for it could be kind of restraining - I want to be free and be myself in class, not having to keep my actions in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment