Monday 17 October 2011

marry you

Wedding is such a joyous occasion - the little details, the dress, the white lace, the flowers, the bridesmaids, the best man, the friends, the aisle, the vow, the celebration. All in all it is filled with merry-making and laughter.
Image via yumyshop.com

But planning and preparing for a wedding could probably have brought on endless headaches and squabbles which could make or break the relationship. One wants simple little do with family and close friends only, the other wants a sumptuous occasion filled with everything from white lilies to white swans by the lakeside.
How do you compromise? The list would probably goes on and on with no sign of the end. Just look at Kim K's fairytale wedding. You'll get the picture alright.

What seemed to start as a union of love between two people could end up with them questioning the very union itself. "Can I live with this guy who doesn't seem to understand that I need this particular shade of green ribbon to go with the chairs?" "Who is this Bridezilla? Is she really the sweet and funny girl I proposed to, a couple of months back?"

We could end up separating like Emma and her fiancé in the film Bridewars (2009).

Little did we know that the wedding is like a window, that can show us just how the marriage will turn out in the future.

We could see the real person our partner is. We can get an insight of how our married life would be with our partner. But, would you be brave to call it quits the moment you see those tell-tale characters, or would you just go on with the wedding and hope to God your partner will become someone you hoped for?

Just remind me to have deep, imperative talks with my future husband before we say 'I do' and figure which direction we are going - and if it's really working out for us.

2 comments:

  1. the true art of compromising...

    btw, never cared about bride-stuff, never was even engaged, and got married in vegas (decade ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Divinitus, I'm tempted to follow in your footsteps to not care about little details and just get married. But I think my parents will disown me if I do that :p and besides I love planning things even though it will definitely be chaotic.

    ReplyDelete